Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G
The fast maximum aperture of f/1.8 performs brilliantly under any lighting conditions and delivers beautiful, natural background blur that brings out the best in any subject.
A medium telephoto portrait lens, the Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G is suited to a wide range of shooting situations from stunning head and shoulder portraits, to weddings, concerts and more.
The fast maximum aperture of f/1.8 performs brilliantly under any lighting conditions and delivers beautiful, natural background blur.
When mounted on a DX-format DSLR, it achieves an effective focal length of 127.5mm. Designed for superior performance, this lightweight lens is equally effective for both stills and HD video.
PICTURE PERFECT PORTRAITS
The Internal Focus (IF) allows for a compact and lightweight lens design, while the maximum f/1.8 aperture delivers impressive depth of field resulting in portraits with crisp details, emphasised by beautiful background blur. At roughly 350g, it’s light enough to take with you, wherever you go.
Tech Specs of Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G:
- Focal length 85 mm
- Maximum aperture f/1.8
- Minimum aperture f/16
- Lens construction 9 elements in 9 groups
- Angle of view: Nikon film SLR and FX-format D-SLR cameras: 28 °30 ‘Nikon DX-format D-SLR cameras: 18 °50 ‘IX240 system cameras: 22 °50 ‘
- Focusing: Nikon Internal Focusing (IF) System with autofocus controlled by Silent Wave Motor and separate focus ring for manual focus
- Minimum focus distance: 0.8 m (2.62 ft) from focal plane
- Maximum reproduction ratio: 0.124x
- No. of diaphragm blades: 7 (rounded diaphragm opening)
- Filter-attachment size: 67 mm (P=0.75 mm)
- Dimensions: Approx. 80 mm diameter x 73 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)
- Weight: Approx. 350 g